Homelessness is a significant issue facing our city and we want to be active participants towards a solution. Through our partnership with Kelowna's Gospel Mission we want to provide an opportunity for our youth to experience just a taste of what it's like to 'sleep rough' on the streets of our city. The goal is to raise funds for the Mission, while, perhaps more importantly, building empathy and breaking down stigma's surrounding homelessness.
- We'll sleep out at the church on November 26th starting at 8:00PM. Pickup will be at 10:45AM on Sunday the 27th. Breakfast will be provided.
- Pre-registration is required along with a registration fee of $40. $30 of this will be donated to the Gospel Mission.
- Student will spend the weeks leading up to the event raising sponsorship through personal asks, doing chores around the neighborhood, bottle drives, etc. The options are limitless!
- The student who raises the most support will receive a $50 Orchard Park gift card.
- On Saturday November 19th we'll also be visiting KGM's Leon Shelter to serve and learn about their work there. Seperate registration is required.
THE FINE PRINT:
- MCA approved adults will be on site sleeping outside with the students the entire night.
- Students will have access to the washrooms inside the building.
- Sleeping bags and Pillows are allowed. Bring a camping chair!
- Students will be provided with a sheet of cardboard.
- Donations can receive tax receipts. Please indicate on cheques what and who it's for. If giving online an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what and who it's for.
To Register for the Saturday November 19th Serving CLICK HERE.
To Register for the Saturday November 26th Sleep Out CLICK HERE.
All Youth must have a completed Registration/Waiver before participating in this event. CLICK HERE.